New YouTube Series - Server Seeds  

stifflered
(@tim)
Estimable Member Admin

It's true that I've already been posting some videos to YouTube with updates on the server gameplay and features, but I was pretty dissatisfied with how they were coming out and where they fit in with the future of this server. So, I started over the Server Seeds video series with a new structure, microphone, intro/outro, schedule, and a refresh on the numbering (we're back to Episode #1).

Since I'm taking the other videos offline, I will need to go back over some of the concepts I shared before (not all of them) so that new viewers know what's going on. Don't worry, though, I'll keep things interesting for those of you who watched the other videos so you don't feel like watching these new ones is a waste of time. 

I will be uploading a lot of videos to that channel and my other one over the next several weeks/months. Partially because I want to keep you guys informed of things with the server, but also because I need the practice in learning how to make better videos before the official public launch in 2018. Any feedback that you have to share will be much obliged!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/12/2017 10:18 am Blazinfox555 liked
Nexuni
(@nexuni)
Active Member Veterans

All in All pretty good for a start. 

Will there be a tutorial like video in the future? I mean yeah, there will be an ingame tutorial, but a lot of people would rather watch a short video of introduction than join a server and play the tutorial. A small starter tutorial with information about the server and a little "How to start off" would probably be good.

And new tasks from your tree pal, the obvious ones: "Harvest X amount of wood, build a small farm, get the daily necessities." To start with, like a small interactive startup program to get people up to speed. Later of course a task to build a root to the market because every player should have access to it. Some more creative ones, or more challenging would probably be mine X amount of diamonds in a volcano or something like that. Or to sell a certain amount of items on the market.

Other than that, the video was pretty good, you were clear, no problem understanding you. There was a certain structure to it, which is always nice. Your style of commentary is also pretty good, interesting to watch with a few comic reliefs in between. 😛

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/01/2018 12:44 am stifflered liked
stifflered
(@tim)
Estimable Member Admin
Posted by: Nexuni

All in All pretty good for a start. 

Will there be a tutorial like video in the future? I mean yeah, there will be an ingame tutorial, but a lot of people would rather watch a short video of introduction than join a server and play the tutorial. A small starter tutorial with information about the server and a little "How to start off" would probably be good.

And new tasks from your tree pal, the obvious ones: "Harvest X amount of wood, build a small farm, get the daily necessities." To start with, like a small interactive startup program to get people up to speed. Later of course a task to build a root to the market because every player should have access to it. Some more creative ones, or more challenging would probably be mine X amount of diamonds in a volcano or something like that. Or to sell a certain amount of items on the market.

Other than that, the video was pretty good, you were clear, no problem understanding you. There was a certain structure to it, which is always nice. Your style of commentary is also pretty good, interesting to watch with a few comic reliefs in between. 😛

Hi there! Thanks for the comment. 🙂

I've been sick for a bit, but my voice is back and I'm finally able to get back to creating videos. Expect a let's play to start asap which, hopefully, gives you exactly what you're looking for with a tutorial. We just finished the first release of the custom plugin today, so it'll be great to start with that! Any tips you have to share, I'll be happy to hear them.

I've got some new software and plan for the structure of each video. I'll continue the server seeds series discussing the server changes during Alpha dev, but that will have more structure and fewer "ummms" to it. I'll also start a Let's Play as I said to give more explanation of the gameplay and plugin. I have a lot of learning to do with how to create watchable videos, but I'm glad to have started.

Are you a Veteran of the old server? Would love to bring you on and show you around, get you started with a tree while we're in Alpha testing. 

Edited: 6 months  ago
ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/01/2018 9:21 am
Nexuni
(@nexuni)
Active Member Veterans

Heyho,

First of all, sorry to hear you were sick, hope you have recovered nicely.

Yes, I played some years back on the first, second and third map. Though I think my name back then was either Ashan or Keyrath. Maybe Maille or someone of the old crew still remembers. 😛

I was just waiting for the plugin to be ready, since you mentioned sometime around the 15th of January.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/01/2018 3:23 pm
stifflered
(@tim)
Estimable Member Admin

Thanks. I think I'm feeling pretty good now! 

Maille actually remembered and I found you on the old forums after I posted my comment here. He said you had a great jungle forest village back in the day. Do you have any screenshots of that still?

Just released the first version of the plugin last night which plants the tree and gets things started. Still have features to add in, but I'm pretty happy with this as the start. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/01/2018 12:48 am
Nexuni
(@nexuni)
Active Member Veterans

Sadly, no. I've upgraded my PC several times since then, so all the data went down the drain with it.

The plugin right now does what you showed in the video I take it? Is the Wither effect in yet? 'Cause I know myself... The temptation to get that shiny bit over there is very strong... 😛

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/01/2018 3:46 pm
stifflered
(@tim)
Estimable Member Admin

Server Seeds #2 - Let's Jam!

I'm not super satisfied with the audio quality. I was having some major issues with recording at all, and ended up losing a lot of bits due to my voice sounding way too robotic and cutting out randomly. I'm trying to figure out what happened so that the next video is better. 

Please leave a like and comment on that video with any feedback! Thanks for watching. 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/01/2018 12:53 am
Share:

Want to join the TreeCrafters Gaming Community?

During our Alpha Development testing phase, we are in whitelist-only mode. You can apply to join and become an early tester by clicking the button below!

Recent Activity

No online members at the moment

Working

Please Login or Register