[Sticky] Join The Build Squad!  

RSS
stifflered
(@tim)
Young Tree Admin

Are you interested in being a member of the TreeCrafters build team? Well, now's your chance! We are opening up the opportunity for a few select people to contribute to the server in a big way and put their names down in the history of TreeCrafters as a critical part of our growth. 

This isn't just with the new server Hub, either. We have many projects coming up in the future, and your contribution to the project makes it possible for us to fulfill the vision for this server going forward. 

The Dragon "Test"

While the dragon build isn't done yet (and I'd still love to finish!), I'll be honest and share that this was a test to see how a few different things would work. I had a few questions I was trying to answer:

1. Would people be interested in getting involved in a large-scale project?

2. What challenges come with having different people with different build styles working on the same project?

3. Can Discord be used to keep people chatting and giving feedback on builds even when they aren't in the same time zones or logged into the server together?

In the short amount of time working on the project, I've learned a lot and I'm putting what I learned into practice with this new Build Squad. Along with some big help from a friend....

Keita For Squad Leader

TheKeita has proven herself time and time again to be a dedicated, hard worker, and I know you all will join me in welcoming her as the Build Team Lead. She's been a member of the TreeCrafters Staff for some time now, and she has helped me out with a few projects outside of TreeCrafters, but it's time to make it official. 

Members who join The Build Squad will directly report to TheKeita who will give instructions, inspiration, motivation, guidance, and support where needed. I will, of course, be right there in the trenches with everyone working alongside you, but even I will defer to TheKeita in many cases to see what ideas she has. 

Of course, having a Team Lead doesn't mean that you don't have a voice. Your ideas, critiques, and excitement are all super important! Members of The Build Squad will get to send their input directly to the build leadership and even work on their own ideas that they'd like to see implemented on the server.

How To Apply

We will only be accepting a few members to join us at this time, but everyone who is interested is welcome to apply by answering the questions below. If we don't bring you on at this time, we will definitely consider you for the future. 

We've got small tasks and big tasks that need done. So, whether you have a lot of time or not doesn't matter as much as if you're interested.

Copy these questions into a follow-up post with your answers, and we'll be in touch. There are no right or wrong answers to these questions, we just need the answers so we know how to organize the team.

1. What is your Discord tag? (Example: stifflered#0001) You need Discord to be added to The Build Squad Discord Server.
  2. What is your Minecraft in-game name?
  3. Why do you want to join the TreeCrafters Build Squad?
  4. What's your favorite style of building? Organics, medieval, modern, pixel art, interiors, landscaping, something else?
  5. Do you consider yourself a fast or slow builder?
  6. Do you prefer to build alone or in a group?
  7. What's your time zone?
  8. What kind of availability do you have over the next month? Even those with very little availability might be accepted!
  9. Do you have a build that you are most proud of finishing? 
  10. Attach screenshots of any builds or link to screenshots hosted elsewhere

Thanks for your interest and excitement for the upcoming TreeCrafters Beta! Alright, now I've got to get back to work on this Hub. So much left to do!

This topic was modified 1 month  ago by stifflered
This topic was modified 4 weeks  ago by stifflered
ReplyQuote
Posted : October 22, 2018 5:12 am
HunkyHenry
(@hunkyhenry)
Seed Registered

What is your Discord username? HunkyHenry#8129

What is your Minecraft in-game name? HunkyHenry

Why do you want to join the TreeCrafters Build Squad? To be apart of a team of great builders and contribute to making Treecrafters stay amazing.

What's your favorite style of building? My favorite style of building is organics, trees, waterfalls, mountains, landscaping.

Do you consider yourself a fast or slow builder? It depends, sometimes things come together faster then others.

Do you prefer to build alone or in a group? I enjoy build alone and in a group, but i can build alone anytime, i am excited at the possibility of joining a team that i can work with and learn from.

What's your time zone? PST

What kind of availability do you have over the next month? About an hour a night, possible more on weekends.

Do you have a build that you are most proud of finishing? The builds that i am most proud of are usually pretty giant and never really finished... lol

HunkyHenry Minecraft Builds

This post was modified 4 weeks  ago by stifflered
ReplyQuote
Posted : October 22, 2018 6:06 am stifflered liked
PsychoPassifist
(@psycho)
Seed Registered
  1. PsychoPassifist#3392

2. Psycho_Passifist

3. I enjoy building a lot, and I've especially had a lot of fun working on the dragon build and the bedrock build. Working on group builds with the others here has been a great experience, and I would love to become involved in more projects in the future.

4. Though I've only really done one, I've loved doing Organics. I also enjoy making rustic style houses, and a bit of interiors.

5. Honestly it depends on the build. If I have a good idea of what I'm building, pretty quick, but on larger builds that I'm unfamiliar with, I tend to work a bit slower.

6. Definitely in a group. Though I'm happy to work alone, and I tend to work faster by myself, I find it a lot more fun to work with others.

7. +2gmt, I'm in Northern Italy

8. I can't be too certain, I work every day, no days off and I need to study, but work is generally 2-4 hours, and very flexible, so I should have plenty of free time.

9. My favourite is currently the dragon I'm working on. In terms of complete builds, there's a village I was working on a private survival server, that has several finished buildings, but I had a lot more plans, I lost the IP though (pictures in attachments). I also made a map for a capture the flag game on a minigame server, that I was proud of, but the server closed. I've only been on minecraft for a few months, (about 6 I think) so I don't have too many builds to show

The Village, a project I was working on for another server and the dragon from TC.

This post was modified 1 month  ago by PsychoPassifist
This post was modified 4 weeks  ago by stifflered
ReplyQuote
Posted : October 22, 2018 7:16 am stifflered liked
Cheeanne
(@cheeanne)
New Member Registered
  1. What is your Discord tag? -- Cheeanne#2841
  2. What is your Minecraft in-game name? -- Cheeanne
  3. Why do you want to join the TreeCrafters Build Squad? -- I'm very passionate about this server and it's community. I want to help it grow and I enjoy building towards a common goal.
  4. What's your favorite style of building? -- Organics, medieval, modern, pixel art, interiors, landscaping, something else? -- While I enjoy modern/modernish type builds the most, I also enjoy medieval/rustic/traditional minecraft builds. I've been working to improve my landscaping and interior abilities.
  5. Do you consider yourself a fast or slow builder? -- I tend to be slow, when I'm working most creatively. If I'm working off an inspiration image or with groups, I tend to be faster.
  6. Do you prefer to build alone or in a group? -- I like group building for larger projects, then splitting off to detail on our own.
  7. What's your time zone? -- EST (usa)
  8. What kind of availability do you have over the next month? Even those with very little availability might be accepted! --- Through the end of November I am quite busy due to work. I expect to have free times in the evenings (since I will be living in a hotel for two weeks) but my weekends in November are already pretty busy and I may only have a couple hours per weekend.
  9. Do you have a build that you are most proud of finishing? -- What I'm most proud of finishing is the Heroes Hangout game on Solidarity's server -- Halloween Hunt that was posted a couple of weeks ago. I was part of a team of 4 people to build that and it was incredible.
  10. Attach screenshots of any builds or link to screenshots hosted elsewhere -- see attached. A few different pictures of builds I have done either alone, with people building my designs, or with a ground in general. Not all are finished, but still work I am happy to show.

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 22, 2018 7:25 pm
RedstoneBattery
(@redstonebattery)
Infant Registered

1. RedstoneBattery? Lord of Torment#7223

2. RedstoneBattery

3. I want to help as much as I can in the development of TC

4. I like experimenting, but if would have to be a set style I love landscaping in a non-realistic way

5. Depends, because I like to try new things I have to redo one thing a lot of times before getting it right, if it's something I had experience with before it goes reasonably faster

6. alone, it's mostly because of my time zone and availability, it's a lot less hassle when you can do it whenever for what time you want rather then set times 

7. UTC+2

8. I am usually available in the evenings and weekend afternoons + evenings.

9. Well yes, but the friend I build it for accidentally lost it almost immediately. It was a small bedwars map centered around a black hole. That black hole took me ages to get right it was so worth it though, well until it was lost.

RedstoneBattery-builds

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 23, 2018 8:14 am
WingedChamp312
(@wingedchamp312)
New Member Registered

1       What is your Discord tag?
           WingedChamp312#9058
2       What is your Minecraft in-game name?

WingedChamp312
3       Why do you want to join the TreeCrafters Build Squad?
Honesty? I’d like to have a motivating reason to become even more ingrained into the community. I used to be really active but then different things happened and I’m not anymore.
4       What's your favorite style of building?       I enjoy building in medieval, modern, and detailing.
5       Do you consider yourself a fast or slow builder?     Medium? I build fast when I have a concise picture in my head. Otherwise I can be slow to try different things.
6       Do you prefer to build alone or in a group?     I prefer to build with a team. That way when I run into a creative block I can ask others for advice and brainstorm with them. That being said I also don’t mind doing solo builds as I have built alone before.
7       What's your time zone?     CST
8       What kind of availability do you have over the next month?     Probably around 10 hours a week. Possibly more depending on life circumstances.
9       Do you have a build that you are most proud of finishing? Yes. In survival I built something that got named The Glass Mountain. I completed it purely in survival and worked upwards of 60 hours on it.
10      Attach screenshots of any builds or link to screenshots hosted elsewhere.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/nsLuhDA6DHJ9Nzab9  

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 28, 2018 8:05 pm
ThatTahitianGuy
(@muscat)
New Member Registered
  1. What is your Discord tag? ThatTahitianGuy#0418
  2. What is your Minecraft in-game name? Either ThatTahitianGuy or shiseyju
  3. Why do you want to join the TreeCrafters Build Squad? I like the community and I want to get even more involved. I'm playing greeter at the Café at the moment, plus Stiffler flusterer, and I want to help more than that.
  4. What's your favorite style of building? I like the medieval style, can build in modern without a problem and can do both pixel art and landscaping if needed. I like decorating, too!
  5. Do you consider yourself a fast or slow builder? I am a bit of both, I guess. I can build things pretty fast if I have an idea of what I'm supposed to be building, but I will radically slow down and get tentative if it's something unfamiliar (like with organics; I can do the clean-up but not the building).
  6. Do you prefer to build alone or in a group? I like both. I like building things on my own, but I will always lend a hand if asked or when needed.
  7. What's your time zone? GMT/UTC+2 (when not on daylight savings).
  8. What kind of availability do you have over the next month? I'm free. Completely. I'm mostly active at night though, but I can come on during the mornings/afternoon if called upon.
  9. Do you have a build that you are most proud of finishing? I once built a medieval castle that reached the height limit and stretched a few thousand blocks in each direction, with attached town and painstakingly made boats. I was really sad to lose the save when my old computer died.
  10. A link to my recent builds: 

muscat built something

(Edit because I forgot some things.)

This post was modified 3 weeks  ago by ThatTahitianGuy
ReplyQuote
Posted : November 3, 2018 9:02 pm
Share:

Want to join the TreeCrafters Gaming Community?

We are in a public Beta Development phase which you can join right now! Click the button below to get the IP Address, important links, downloads, and more.

Recent Forums Posts

Working

Please Login or Register