Questionaire: Improving mcmmo  

RSS
stifflered
(@tim)
Young Tree Admin

Hello friends,

As we're moving closer to Beta (just one more round of updates to the TC plugin before we make the jump), it's important to start looking at what features on the server can be tweaked which fit the Challenge and will last for a long time to come.

mcmmo has many features, skills, and abilities which have helped us all through the grind with stats, early game slowness, and late game tediousness, but I think we can make improvements in this area. If you've been wondering why there haven't been any updates to the tree-type based characteristics I mentioned before, it's because these changes to mcmmo have been on my mind. 

I want to know: What are your favorite mcmmo features, and why?

If you could help me out by answering the questions below, it would make the Beta development phase go much more smoothly, and would help me understand how you play the game. 

Thanks in advance.

P.S. Try not to read anyone else's answers until after you post a comment.

P. P. S. Feel free to explain each answer as you give it.

1. Do you like mcmmo as it is on the server?
  2. What is your most-often used mcmmo ability (Super Breaker, Tree Feller, Skull Splitter, etc...)?
  3. What is your least-often used ability?
  4. What mcmmo skill stat do you care about the most (Smelting, Mining, Swords, Fishing, etc...)
  5. What skill stat do you care about the least?
  6. Which skill do you think fits the Tree Spirit Challenge best in the early game?
  7. Which skill do you think fits the Challenge best in the late game?
  8. If you could add a new skill to track, what would it be? For example: A new "Botany" skill might add a way to increase the growth of saplings or get more flowers, lily pads, or other plants.
  9. How would you feel about needing to upgrade Pylons (like beacons) to unlock abilities instead of always having them active like the current mcmmo?
  10. If you could change mcmmo, how would you do it?
ReplyQuote
Posted : September 8, 2018 9:35 pm
aaronregner
(@aaronregner)
New Member Donator
  1. Do you like mcmmo as it is on the server?
    In my limited experience so far, it seems fine.
  2. What is your most-often used mcmmo ability (Super Breaker, Tree Feller, Skull Splitter, etc...)?
    Skull Breaker (if that's the one that blows up mobs when hit with my axe)
    So far, everything besides Skull Breaker and Fishing
  4. What mcmmo skill stat do you care about the most (Smelting, Mining, Swords, Fishing, etc...)
    I was told I'd never touch some players' fishing skills, so Fishing.
    Swords. The axe is just too good of a duel purpose tool (pun intended).
  6. Which skill do you think fits the Tree Spirit Challenge best in the early game?
    Tree Feller
    no input
  8. If you could add a new skill to track, what would it be? For example: A new "Botany" skill might add a way to increase the growth of saplings or get more flowers, lily pads, or other plants.
    Botany sounds good
  9. How would you feel about needing to upgrade Pylons (like beacons) to unlock abilities instead of always having them active like the current mcmmo?
    I think that would make the challenge more.... challenging. I like it.
    no input
ReplyQuote
Posted : September 9, 2018 2:00 am stifflered liked
RedstoneBattery
(@redstonebattery)
Infant Registered

1. no - the abilities are useful but I don’t like the long recharge times

2. Serrated strikes - the sword ability

3. I didn’t use the fixing ability at all I don’t know it’s name

4. Fist - it gets pretty strong

5. Repair or what’s it called

6. Tree Feller

7. I am not really in the late game so I can’t tell

8. I don’t know really but it should track the custom items like hammers

9. I would love that! But, if they were stronger

10. Reduce cooldowns maybe make the effect itself a little bit weaker and make leveling faster

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 9, 2018 2:29 am stifflered liked
Mailleweaver
(@mailleweaver)
Infant Admin

1. Do you like mcmmo as it is on the server?

• Yes

2. What is your most-often used mcmmo ability?

• Superbreaker. It lets me tunnel faster without losing resource drops from the increased speed.

• There are a few: berserk, green thumb, green terra, and flux mining.
  • Also unused skills: unarmed, taming, alchemy.
  • And now that I have a large stock of logs and a shulker box to carry them, I no longer use tree feller or woodcutting in general.

4. What mcmmo skill stat do you care about the most?

• Probably mining.
  • Repair, fishing, and salvage would be very close behind.

• Taming. Most definitely taming.
  • Also alchemy. It has some potentially useful bonuses, but leveling to get those bonuses is ridiculously tedious and expensive. At least the tedium of leveling other skills produces some useful resources, but leveling alchemy will only eat resources to produce piles of mostly useless junk.

• Woodcutting, obviously. That has to be your main focus at the start so you can get anywhere to do literally anything else.

• If you already have a stock of logs like I do, then probably mining or acrobatics. Mining gives you material for building, and acrobatics lets you take less damage when you fall/jump off of what you're building.

8. If you could add a new skill to track, what would it be?

• Stealth. It would be nice to be able to sneak past creepers, disguise myself so zombies leave me alone, or even make mobs think they were harmed by another mob so they'd fight each other.
  • Butchering. I should be able to get better at harvesting meat and other materials from my livestock so less goes to waste.

• I don't think I'd like it. It would work for some very few abilities that are mostly used in one area (like tree feller or green terra) but it wouldn't work for abilities that are used on the move (like all combat abilities, superbreaker, and giga drill breaker). It would also take away the feeling that they are a part of you that you've developed into awesomeness rather than just another tool you're rich enough to buy/build.

There are a few ways, actually:

• Add to the Herbalism skill a way to activate a bonemeal effect so you can farm flowers, grow grass, farm fern, and boost plant growth all without having to kill skeletons and grind their bones.
  • Remove from the Herbalism skill the auto-replant of crops. That feature only causes complications when farming. It's nice that the replanted crops have a chance to be advanced in their growth, but those plants are likely to be immediately broken again unless you're very carefully harvesting crops one at a time rather than run-punching like is most sensible and efficient. The previously mentioned addition would offset the loss of this potential boost with the added benefit of being able to use it where you want instead of it happening randomly.
  • Replace the Repair and Salvage skills with a Smithing skill that has nothing to do with mining or fishing. It would include the uses of Repair and Salvage and also a way to produce higher quality tools, weapons, and armor with the standard materials. And add the ability to repair anvils.
  • Add to the Acrobatics skill a way to increase movement speed, increase jump height, and/or activate a double jump.
  • Change the Smelting skill to remove the boost to fuel efficiency and instead produce extra charcoal from logs. It doesn't make sense that you can make something burn longer, but it does make sense that you could get better at avoiding waste when producing charcoal (just as you do when smelting ores to ingots). This would also take care of the inconsistency that fuel efficiency bonuses only apply to ores and make it easier to actually get the peak efficiency from fuels since their burn time isn't constantly changing.
ReplyQuote
Posted : September 9, 2018 3:31 pm stifflered liked
Dental
(@dental)
New Member Registered

Do you like mcmmo as it is on the server?
Sure, it's enjoyable.

What is your most-often used mcmmo ability (Super Breaker, Tree Feller, Skull Splitter, etc...)?
Super Breaker & Tree Feller.

What is your least-often used ability?
Pretty much all the others if I'm honest.

What mcmmo skill stat do you care about the most (Smelting, Mining, Swords, Fishing, etc...)
Mining, Woodcutting, Excavation & Acrobatics.

What skill stat do you care about the least?
Archery, Axes, Swords & Unarmed.

Which skill do you think fits the Tree Spirit Challenge best in the early game?
Tree Feller

Which skill do you think fits the Challenge best in the late game?
Tree Feller

If you could add a new skill to track, what would it be? For example: A new "Botany" skill might add a way to increase the growth of saplings or get more flowers, lily pads, or other plants.
Construction: The higher the level, the farther away you can mine/place blocks. 

How would you feel about needing to upgrade Pylons (like beacons) to unlock abilities instead of always having them active like the current mcmmo?
You have my attention!

If you could change mcmmo, how would you do it?
Not sure, probably by adding a skill tree.

Many a thing has the science community at a loss. One of these is the magnetic attraction between seven year old girls and the colour pink.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 9, 2018 4:32 pm stifflered liked
TidBit_
(@tidbit_)
New Member Registered

Do you like mcmmo as it is on the server?
Mostly, yes! I do have some ideas for it to be better, however.

What is your most-often used mcmmo ability (Super Breaker, Tree Feller, Skull Splitter, etc...)?

I almost never use any abilities, but the most would definitely be Tree Feller.

What is your least-often used ability?

Again, all of them are rarely used.

What mcmmo skill stat do you care about the most (Smelting, Mining, Swords, Fishing, etc...)

Fishing! Realistically, though, it would be Mining.

What skill stat do you care about the least?

I've never used the Alchemy skill in any server with McMMO that I've been on. That being said, I also don't have netherwart!

Which skill do you think fits the Tree Spirit Challenge best in the early game?

Unarmed. Just you and your fists, defending your tree.

Which skill do you think fits the Challenge best in the late game?

Woodcutting. It's once you get that sweet, sweet diamond axe with Efficiency 5 and Unbreaking 3 that you really start to expand.

If you could add a new skill to track, what would it be? For example: A new "Botany" skill might add a way to increase the growth of saplings or get more flowers, lily pads, or other plants.

Something like "Endurance" that reduces damage/gives you more hearts, trained by getting damage and not dying. It'd be interesting if it could tack on seconds to your root timer as well, like one additional second every 200 levels, so it maxes at 10 seconds at level 1000.

How would you feel about needing to upgrade Pylons (like beacons) to unlock abilities instead of always having them active like the current mcmmo?

That would be interesting, but at the moment the scaling is so slow on a lot of abilities just due to the nature or our challenge.

If you could change mcmmo, how would you do it?

Some things just feel too slow of a progression, but maybe that is just me.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 10, 2018 1:29 pm
Share:

Want to join the TreeCrafters Gaming Community?

We are in a public Beta Development phase which you can join right now! Click the button below to get the IP Address, important links, downloads, and more.

Recent Forums Posts

No online members at the moment

Working

Please Login or Register