[Sticky] Alpha Update Log
8/30/2018 - Skulls
- When a Player's Tree is destroyed, a new Skull marker is added to Dynmap at their location.
- Living Roots (TransportPipes) textures have been re-implemented temporarily for testing purposes. (Use /roots to change your Render System from "Vanilla" to "Modelled" to see the textures if they've downloaded for you - if not, let me know)
- Tutorial Area is nearly finished!
9/9/2018 - What a tangled web(site) we weave
Focused on updating the website today.
- Optimized large images and added an image smusher to make page load times faster
- Forum threads now have titles
- When registering a new account, users must accept the TOS and agree to follow the Rules
- Removed a bunch of excess code, cut out some unused features, and deleted old files to slim things down
- Added a new default avatar for new users
- Updated forum ranks and icons
- Updated the Donation page
- Adjusted the timestamp view in the forums
- Posts that were edited will now show the history of the edits.
- Added subscription button to the New Topic and New Post views
- Added RSS feed to forums for users to subscribe to
- New "Editor's Picks" section at the top of the forum home shows a link to an important discussion.
- Wiki restructured behind the scenes so we can start adding content there.
- Various small design tweaks around the site
9/11/2018 - YouTubing
- ARIA attributes added throughout the website to assist users who use Accessibility tools like screen readers or special navigation software
- Better mobile support on the website for smartphones and tablets
- Changed some of the Quiz Questions and Rewards
- Modified different custom Achievements and the GUI (which will be accessible to players soon to track progress)
- New YouTube rank
- Use /yt to claim your YouTuber rank or see a list of YouTubers on the server
- Updated Plugins with various minor fixes:
- Head Database
- TC Challenge
9/15/2018 - Slime Babies
- Right-click a baby Slime with an empty Bucket to pick it up and get a Slime Bucket. Right-click a Slime Bucket on the ground and spawn a baby Slime.
- Added a new /textures command which broadcasts the link for the player to download the texture pack.
- Quiz Updates
- More TC related questions added
- Rewards will now be updated on a weekly (or bi-weekly) basis to show off various items
- Answer a question in less than 5 seconds to get a Golden Apple every time
- Chance to win Reeds when answering questions
- Achievement Updates
- Players who join during a Server Party will now receive a small gift and achievement
- More rewards added to various achievements
- A lot of example achievements removed
- Players can now use /achlist to see their current progress with different achievements
- Changed how /me looks
9/17/2018 - 1.13.1
- Launched a new 1.13.1 server to start testing compatibility.
- Server is located near Australia (in Singapore) so players in the region can have a stronger connection
- Vanilla-ish experience with just a few plugins and, of course, the custom Challenge plugin
- More details in the announcement post
- Both the 1.12.2 and 1.13.1 servers can now chat with each other (via the Discord bots)
These changelogs will now have a slightly different structure to show what updates have come to the 1.13.1 Oceania server (TCOz) vs the 1.12.2 Main server (TC).
- Discord messages updated to clarify that the info is from the main TC server
- mcmmo temporarily disabled while we work out some issues relating to Super Breaker and Tree Feller
- Discord messages updated to clarify that the info is from the Oz TC server
- GriefPrevention installed
- /kit pylons can be used to get Pylons while a bug is being fixed with the custom crafting recipes
- /heart will tp a player to their Heart Log now
- /rtp will randomly tp a player somewhere in the world
9/23/2018 - The Land of Oz
- Players can now plant trees and get heart logs
- Pylon crafting recipes now work
- Pylon particle effects enabled
- Removed Spigot 1.12.2 compatibility layer
- Optimized root pathing
- Deleting a tree now works properly
- Various GriefPrevention config changes that were annoying for players to deal with
- Removed all warps and holograms
9/24/2018 - Tiny
- Permissions modified to give players access to standard commands they're already familiar with (like /trapped)
- Players will see their death location in chat when they die
- Hold shift and right-click to edit a painting after placement
- Modified different messages and text to fit TC Oz
More updates coming this week!
9/26/2018 - Fireworks!
- Code cleanup in Challenge plugin
- Permissions changes
- Removed Discord connector until developers resolve a bug
- Minor tweak to increase plugin compatibility with 1.13.1
- Added Ultimate Fireworks
- Use /uf to access the GUI and try out as many fireworks as you'd like
- Use /uf rocketText 1 YourText to create a firework with your own custom test
- Use /uf rocketPicture 1 image.file to create a firework with the TreeCrafters Logo (see list of all image files below)
- Let's finish off the 1.12.2 server with a bang! Watch for the Firework Competition Announcement video coming very soon.
Image List: (you may recognize these from the Discord emoji list)
- /uf rocketPicture 1 tc.png
- /uf rocketPicture 1 ano.png
- /uf rocketPicture 1 beard.png
- /uf rocketPicture 1 cafe.png
- /uf rocketPicture 1 cheesetree.png
- /uf rocketPicture 1 coffeecup.png
- /uf rocketPicture 1 heartlog.png
- /uf rocketPicture 1 shockedtree.png
- /uf rocketPicture 1 stifflered.png
- /uf rocketPicture 1 thinkingtree.png
- /uf rocketPicture 1 treeincoffee.png
9/29/2018 - I can fly twice as high 🎶
- Players will no longer take wither effect when using an Elytra
- Players will no longer take wither effect when within 3 blocks of a Nether Portal
- Pylons must now be placed within 50 blocks of another Pylon, Heart Log, or Nether Portal. If they do not, an error will show in the action bar.
- Root pathing now properly considers stripped logs and 6-sided logs (please help with testing with all log types and all directions the logs can face)
- Pylon crafting and placing should work better
- Various other bug fixes
- Chunk loading significantly improved (thanks to PaperSpigot devs)
- Pylons kit removed
- Stick tax removed
9/29/2018 - You mean to say I can shift + right-click?
- Players can now Shift + Right-click to place a block on their heart log or Pylons
- Using /heart now has a 3 second delay instead of 5
- Players who haven't placed a Sapling yet can no longer interact with Doors or Levers
- Heart radius particles disabled temporarily
- First bit of code added which will cause heart logs to "burn" if surrounding logs are burned.
- Pylons and Heart Logs can no longer be pulled by slime blocks
- Bug with some crafting recipes fixed
1.12.2 Server (coming after the stream is over)
- Infinity enchanted Bows will now consume some custom crafted Arrows
- Torch Arrows fixed to not grant infinite torches
- Volley Arrow bug fixed
10/6/2018 - Invisible Invites
TC Oz - Challenge Plugin
- Players can no longer accidentally use number keys to move items from their inventory into a Pylon or Heart GUI
- Players in flight mode can no longer interact with trapdoors or buttons, or remove items from item frames
- More work done on causing heart logs to burn and the player loses the challenge
- Various other bug fixes
- New command /invites will open a menu for you to see all of the trees you have been invited to join.
- You can now set your Pylons invisible!! Right-click a Pylon to see the new option. Requires: tcchallenge.pylon.barrier